Sunday, May 18, 2008

Scotts Run, Difficult Run and Great Falls one day Nature and Landscape Photography Workshop

Our Grand Landscape and Nature photography workshop was yesterday and it was a great time. We had some really nice weather and equally good light throughout the day. We started at Scott's Run Preserve and shot reflections, stream scenic and waterfall images. After that is was over to Meadowlark Gardens for 3.5 hours of class time. We discussed composition, exposure, filters, special techniques, abstract images and post processing techniques.




After finishing up at Meadowlark, we headed over to Difficult Run to have a session on shooting reflections and cascades. Difficult and Scott's Run were really nice after all of the rain we have had lately here in the Mid Atlantic. After a couple of hours and many images, we packed up and quickly shot over to Great Falls to finish the day at my favorite overlook for sunset. The light was sweet and we all had chance to make some really nice images. I instructed each student on the proper use of their graduated neutral density filters and spot metering to balance the light.




-

Thanks to everyone who joined in for the day. I will be leading a workshop next weekend with Corey Hilz, Bill Folsom and Mark DiLallo at Meadowlark. I need to get on the ball preparing some new images for my lectures. I have to start getting all the last minute preparations for our Shenandoah National Park workshop on June 6 -9. There are still 2 spots available to any one who is interested. Email me or call amber at 410-919-8001 to register.




2 comments:

Julie said...

I saw your link on Richard Bernabe's blog. Wonderful set of photographs. I'm still trying to perfect the "soft" water. I know slow shutter speed is essential. Practice makes perfect. Just wanted to stop by and say hello.

Joseph Rossbach said...

Hey, Julie. Thanks for stopping in and leaving a comment. Water is by far my favorite subject in nature. It is not so hard to get the silky look. Various shutter speeds and filters are essential to express the different feeling of water. Keep practicing and you will find what works best for you.

All the best,
Joe.