Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day Morning at Great Falls Park





Great Falls National Park has been an ongoing project this summer for me. I have spent every Saturday and Sunday morning,when I am not out of town or teaching workshops, in the park building a portfolio of new images. I got up early this morning to head out and do some shooting. Although the sky was crystal clear which is not the best weather for making dramatic landscape images, I was able to come away with some nice shots. I decided just after sunrise to turn my attention to capturing some intimate scenes as the sky was less than ideal for the "Grand Scenic". Here is a couple of my favorite images from this morning.



For anyone who is interested in mastering there skills in Landscape and nature photography, I will be leading workshops and tours in the Mid-Atlantic this year and into 2008. In fact, this autumn I am teaching a few workshops through Meadowlark Gardens in Vienna, Virginia. "Capturing the Grand Landscape" will take place on October the 13th and 14th and "creative Close Up Photography on November the 3rd. Click here for the complete listing of Nature photography workshops.


















































No comments: